Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel
Morley, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Posted: April 13, 2021
Golf Course Maintenance, Greenkeeping
Applications for this position are open to candidates in the UK & Ireland only.
This seasonal position from May to September inclusive is to assist the golf course manager in presenting the venue to a high standard. Qualifications preferred but not essential in respect of relevant experience include a National Certificate in Greenkeeping, Pesticide applications 1/2A/6 and Chainsaw certificate.
Specific duties include;
• Mowing tees, greens and fairways.
• Aerating turf, applying nutrition and top dressing.
• Repairing divots and maintaining bunkers.
• Identify and control weeds, pests and turf disorders.
• Monitor property grounds.
• Maintain lawns by mowing, edging, raking leaves, and performing other lawn maintenance functions.
• Prepare and inspect machinery for use and wash, clean, and re-fuel all equipment after use.
• Maintain trees, shrubs, flower beds, baskets, and boxes by watering, removing weeds, trimming, and performing other maintenance.
• Remove and bag rubbish from all exterior bins.
• Maintain the appearance of fountains, planters, or other grounds features by cleaning, replacing or making repairs.
• Maintain the appearance and safety of pavements, driveways, cart paths, or car parks by filling in cracks, holes, and making other repairs.
• Operate tractors, trucks, turf rollers or utility vehicles to transport equipment and supplies.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report defective equipment, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
• Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
• Support team to reach common goals.
• Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
• Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
• Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight.
• Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
• Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
• Move up and down ladders, stairs and/or service ramps.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities. Ideally placed in Morley, just north of Derby, Breadsall Priory holds the distinction of being the oldest Marriott location in the world; our elegant Priory rooms date back to 1260.
At Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel no two days are the same, with an exciting blend of guests and
events. Our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports
teams, extensive leisure facilities and contemporary British dining at our hotel's on-site Cast Iron
Closing date for applications: May 5, 2021