PGA Trainee Professional
Buckinghamshire Golf Club
Denham, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Posted: June 7, 2021
Golf Operations, Retail, Customer Service
Applications for this role are open to candidates in the United Kingdom & Ireland only.
Buckinghamshire Golf Club is a semi-private golf club featuring an idyllic 18-hole Championship Golf course and Grade II Manor Clubhouse. The golf course was designed by legendary Ryder Cup Captain, John Jacobs who went to great lengths to turn the estate’s rolling parkland into a mature and challenging golf course beyond its years. The club has the honour of being the Home of the Ladies European Tour and testament to the quality of the course Buckinghamshire Golf Club has hosted many previous professional events over the years. Including the most recent Rose Ladies Series, the Anderson Consulting World Match Play, European Seniors Tournament of Champions hosted by Gary Player and ISPS HANDA Ladies European Masters.
• Assist the Director of Golf and Pro Shop Manager, with all aspects of the daily golf operations
• Assist with the organisation and roll out of all competitions and tournaments at the club
• Assist the Pro Shop Manager with the daily operation of the shop
• Build a strong sense of community with the members
• Liaise with Greenkeeping on course set-up for major tournaments
• Complete the PGA Foundation Degree
• Teach the game of golf, its rules and etiquette
• Promote the game of golf and the club itself
• Compete in PGA Regional Tournaments
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and public holidays.
• Stay up to date with PGA studies and membership education requirements with the PGA of Great Britain & Ireland.
• Actively work to greet members and guests by name, getting to know their personal preferences. Display professional and competent personality to all members and guests.
• Assist the Golf Staff with all aspects of competitions and tournaments.
• Assist Director of Golf to enforce all rules and regulations governing golf course usage.
• Assist with Club Fittings and Demo Days.
• Expand knowledge on golf equipment and clothing.
• Be knowledgeable of the rules of golf.
• Assist in making tee time reservations whilst ensuring optimal golf course usage.
• Work closely with the Pro Shop Manager to ensure the Shop is fully stocked, well presented and gives a seamless experience for members
• Perform and follow up on any other duties as assigned by the Director of Golf.