Forest of Arden Hotel
Warwick, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Posted: March 24, 2021
Golf Course Maintenance, Greenkeeping
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Greenkeeping team at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station.
Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness centre.
This permanent position of 40 working hours per week is to assist the golf course manager in presenting the venue to a championship standard. Qualifications preferred but not essential in respect of relevant experience include a National Certificate in Greenkeeping, Pesticide applications 1/2A/6 and Chainsaw certificate.
Specific duties include:
• Mowing tees, greens and fairways.
• Aerating turf, applying nutrition and top dressing.
• Repairing divots and maintaining bunkers.
• Identify and control weeds, pests and turf disorders.
• Monitor property grounds.
• Maintain lawns by mowing, edging, raking leaves, and performing other lawn maintenance functions. • Prepare and inspect machinery for use and wash, clean, and re-fuel all equipment after use.
• Maintain trees, shrubs, flower beds, baskets, and boxes by watering, removing weeds, trimming, and performing other maintenance.
• Remove and bag rubbish from all exterior bins.
• Maintain the appearance of fountains, planters, or other grounds features by cleaning, replacing or making repairs.
• Maintain the appearance and safety of pavements, driveways, cart paths, or car parks by filling in cracks, holes, and making other repairs.
• Operate tractors, trucks, turf rollers or utility vehicles to transport equipment and supplies.
• Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report defective equipment, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. • Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
• Support team to reach common goals.
• Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
• Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
• Move up and down ladders, stairs and/or service ramps.
• Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
• Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.