Golf Operations Supervisor
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel
Morley, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Posted: March 29, 2021
Golf Operations, Customer Service, Hospitality
An amazing opportunity to join the Golf Operations Team at Breadasll Priory Marriott Hotel and Country Club as our Golf Operations Supervisor reporting to the Director of Golf.
We feature two 18-hole golf courses, including our Championship Priory Course, a putting green and driving range, all situated among 300 acres of sprawling Derbyshire countryside.
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities. Ideally placed in Morley, just north of Derby, Breadsall Priory holds the distinction of being the oldest Marriott location in the world; our elegant Priory rooms date back to 1260.
At Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel no two days are the same, with an exciting blend of guests and events. Our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports teams, extensive leisure facilities and contemporary British dining at our hotel's on-site Cast Iron Restaurant.
• Previous experience working within a similar environment preferred but not essential
• First Aid (desirable)
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Pro-active and reliable
• Able to work alone and within a team
• Retail experience, preferably in a Golf Shop environment.
Education or Certification:
• Good level of English essential
• PGA Training/ PGA Qualification desired but not essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• To achieve designated Hotel profit margins by generating turnover. Revenue streams including retail, buggies, halfway house, driving range and all green fee segment
• To ensure that all areas of the golf operation function smoothly and in accordance with the standards within the Marriott Golf and Brand Standard Audits and other relevant SOPs.
• To ensure that all areas of the operation meet presentation standards by conducting multiple documented daily walk-rounds and taking corrective action.
• To oversee the monthly Mystery Shop audits, supervising staff, leading by example and taking corrective action to address failure to comply with service standards.
• To ensure the successful running of all golf events; to be the host to all contacts and ensure attention to detail is observed at all times to ensure we are delivering a premium experience/customer journey.
• Maximise systems such as Golf Genius, Intelligent Golf and any other systems
• To liaise effectively with all relevant departments and the Cluster Golf Event Executives to ensure successful hosting of Golf Events
• To be responsible for all members’ competitions and bookings, including handicap maintenance. To organise catering requirements wherever necessary.
• To be responsible for implementing the Member Satisfaction plan.
• Deliver Member communication via members website and notice boards
• To ensure effective planning and hosting of membership social activities, including liaison with captains and committees.
• To ensure all event orders are presented to departments with exact, comprehensive details at all times.
• Responsibility for supervision and day-to-day management of Golf Operations Associates including scheduling, payroll, performance management and training and development.
• Ensure that guidelines, as set by the hotel, are followed in terms of sanitisation and safety practices with regards to the customer facing areas in the golf operations, equipment, retail, buggies and confectionary
• To take responsibility for the management and maintenance of the buggy fleet and operation.
• To ensure that all golf bookings are correctly inputted into Concept reservation system, and that revenue is processed correctly.
• To be responsible for the day-to-day management of the golf reservation system.
• To act as deputy to the Director of Golf / Director of Golf & Leisure, taking overall responsibility for the effective running of the golf operation in his/her absence.
• To provide a high level of service to all Golf customers, to ensure that financial targets are achieved, and that customer satisfaction is delivered. Take responsibility for payment transactions on shift and the reporting of any discrepancies.
• To contribute to retail policy and stock ordering, to maximize revenue potential.
• Action CapCon Golf Audit results and ensure Concept POS processes comply with Marriott policy.
• To assist in general shop and service-related duties to ensure functioning of Golf Shop as both retail and service environment.
• To be responsible for stock control, transfers and movements
• To purchase and present a range of merchandise and equipment appropriate to the image and requirements of the Company, in order to develop a reputation for retail excellence
• To achieve financial targets set by the Director of Golf.
• To cover any area of the Golf Operation in the absence of a Golf Operations Associate.
• Adhere to Global cleanliness protocols and ensure sanitizing stations are clean and stocked, immediate work area is kept clean and ensure guest touch point areas are sanitized in line with Company guidelines.
• Adhere to hygiene and safety processes
• Support the daily management and maintenance of the buggy fleet and operation, including sanitisation & cleaning (in line with company cleaning protocols), fuelling and positioning ensuring that sufficient buggies are available to cater for both that day and following day’s business.
• Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
• To ensure all Marriott Policies on Cash, Key and all Controls are adhered to and followed consistently
• To carry out other duties across the hotel as assigned by management that may be required to ensure the Hotel Operation is properly maintained in line with budget and/ or to provide total guest satisfaction
• Maintain social distancing throughout the hotel, as per the guidelines from the government, wherever possible from colleagues and guests (distancing regulations will be in accordance with any government guidance).
• Wear all provided PPE as instructed / required.
• Wash hands frequently or after each task following proper handwashing techniques. Sanitise hands on a regular basis during shifts.
Closing date for applications: Apr 16, 2021