Golf Operations Associate
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel
Morley, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Posted: April 13, 2021
Golf Operations, Retail, Customer Service, Hospitality
Applications for this position are open to candidates in the UK & Ireland only.
To support the smooth and efficient running of the Golf operation in all areas including; retail, course co-ordination, course concierge, course marshalling and reception.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• To provide a consistently high level of service and hospitality to all Members, Guests and Customers and Associates/team members at all times and in all areas of the Golf Operation.
• Take golf reservations and ensure that all golf bookings are correctly inputted into Concept booking system, and that revenue is processed correctly. To assist in general shop and service-related duties (e.g. merchandising, stock control, cleaning) and be responsible for all payment transactions personally taken on shift and to report any discrepancies.
• Check-in all golfers following the correct audit criteria and support the day to day management of tee times.
• Support the daily management and maintenance of the buggy fleet and operation, including cleaning, fueling and positioning ensuring that sufficient buggies are available to cater for both that day and following day’s business.
• Assist with ball control/collection and cleanliness at the Golf Academy/ range.
• Carry out course marshalling duties and work in the Halfway House when required.
• Be of assistance to all golfers as requested and report serious on course problems to the golf shop, Golf Operations Supervisor or Director of Golf.
• Ensure that all golfers are abiding by the rules of the game and course etiquette (replacing divots, raking bunkers etc…) and the dress code. Keep play moving at a reasonable pace by following Marriott pace of play guidelines
• Ensure that guidelines, as set by the hotel, are followed in terms of sanitisation and safety practices with regards to the customer facing areas in the golf operations, equipment, retail, buggies and confectionary.
• Corporate golf day banner management, score card marking, scoreboard updates and any other Corporate / Society Day requests.
• Adhere to Global cleanliness protocols and ensure sanitising stations are clean and stocked, immediate work area is kept clean and ensure guest touch point areas are sanitised in line with Company guidelines.
Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel & Country Club offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family.
This four star hotel has a focus on culinary excellence and provides staff with extensive, ongoing training and development. Marriott International is the worlds’ largest hotel company and provides associates with exciting long term career opportunities. Ideally placed in Morley, just north of Derby, Breadsall Priory holds the distinction of being the oldest Marriott location in the world; our elegant Priory rooms date back to 1260.
At Breadsall Priory Marriott Hotel no two days are the same, with an exciting blend of guests and
Our hotel is a great place to develop your skills, supporting weddings, prolific golf events, sports
teams, extensive leisure facilities and contemporary British dining at our hotel's on-site Cast Iron
Closing date for applications: May 5, 2021