Golf Course Superintendent
Rumanza Golf Club
Posted: April 24, 2021
Agronomy / Turf Care, Golf Course Maintenance
Rumanza Golf Club, Pakistan’s first Championship Designed Golf Course, situated in Multan- Pakistan, designed by Sir Nick Faldo, the course will open in the 4th Quarter 2021. The Club is looking to recruit a Golf Course Superintendent with experience in a world class golf course as a Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
The Golf Course Superintendent will be responsible to bring the Rumanza Golf Club to International standards with a reputation of being an exceptionally maintained. The applicant will be capable of following efficient turf agronomy, manpower and resource management methods and the development of the Golf Course Maintenance Team to achieve the high standards expected.
• Responsible for all phases of Golf Course Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
• Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the General Manager on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
• Has the ability to direct the final stages of “grow-in” through to the ongoing general maintenance programs.
• Administers and enforces all Club rules, regulations and policies for staff.
• Works closely with the GM/FM to operate the Golf Course in a financially responsible and professional manner.
• Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
• The Golf Course Superintendent works to create an environment of team work where staff are involved and enthusiastic.
• Directs, assists and mentors the staff on proper agronomic turf maintenance programs inclusive of landscape areas.
• Ensures the Golf Course presentation at all times of the year exceeds the International Standards expected by the GM and Key Stake Holders.
• Provides a detailed annual plan and long-term plan for the Golf Course Maintenance department
• Manages water usage with a tracking plan and irrigation systems & Pump stations and provides monthly reporting on retaining ponds, wells and other water source usage.
• Recruits, supervises maintenance staff with a high retention ratio. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action when required.
• Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OH&S guidelines for safe working conditions.
• Develops the department SOP and training manuals as required.
• Oversees subordinates in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment. Plans and budgets for additional or replacement capital equipment.
• Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilisers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds.
• Supervises and controls all maintenance expenses associated with Golf Course Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilisers.
• Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
• Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as required.
• Schedules maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximise efficiency and minimise disruption to golfers.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Certificate/Diploma in Turf Management, Irrigation or equivalent and/or extensive relative experience as a Course Superintendent.
• Demonstrated knowledge of turf maintenance and the management of commercial irrigation & pump systems;
• Proven organisational and project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage financial and physical resources, resolve problems, meet deadlines, organise activities and achieve results;
• Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with staff, industry stakeholders and relevant associations;
• Excellent communication and organisational skills; and
• Advance computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations.
• Valid Driver's License.
• You will need a strong commitment to succeed and a willingness to work with management to achieve improvement and a high attention to detail and strong organisation skills.
• Candidates with experience in SE Asia/Middle East will be looked upon favourably.
• Experience with turf species, Platinum TE Paspalum will be looked upon favourably.
What we can offer?
• A role that provides a challenge with rewards with career advancement opportunities.
• Remuneration package aligned with the applicant’s experience
• Accommodation, transportation, flights to/from the home town.
Closing date for applications: May 30, 2021