Golf Course Superintendent
Abu Dhabi City Golf Club
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Posted: April 14, 2021
Agronomy / Turf Care, Golf Curse Maintenance
Responsible for operation of the golf course operation and maintenance. The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, member relations, scheduling/maintenance or irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues.
• Responsible for all phases of Golf Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
• Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the General Manager on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
• Designs landscape plans for facility grounds and implements the plan.
• Administers and enforces all Club rules, regulations and policies for staff.
• Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
• Oversee the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and wetlands on the grounds
• Direct and assist the staff on the planting, replacing, spraying, and pruning of trees and shrubs
• Provide a detailed plan for the property that provides the facility with a fresh, eye-catching, interesting and pleasant atmosphere
• Manage irrigation systems and provide monthly reports on retaining ponds, wells, and other water source usage
• Recruit, supervise, and retain maintenance staff
• Provide technical, operational, and safety training for employees
• Oversee employees in safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment
• Develop annual budget and plans for maintenance of the course
• Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed
• Schedule maintenance practices around member play to minimize disruption to members
• Coordinate snow removal and winter maintenance activities when necessary
Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs.
• Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
• Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
• Interpersonal skill to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, officials, employees, members and the general public.
• Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
• Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
• Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
• 3-5 years experience as a Golf Course Superintendent or 1st Assistant
• 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
• Advance computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Prefer Certification by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
• Prefer good command of English language