Director of Club Services
Remuera Golf Club
Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand
Club / General Management, Hospitality, Communications
Remuera Golf Club is centrally located in Auckland New Zealand (NZs largest city of over 1.7m, one
of the World’s most liveable cities) Remuera Golf Club offers one of New Zealand’s premier golf courses and club experiences. It is a very well-respected members club with a sizeable and full engaged membership and a significant community asset, while also home to both Auckland Golf Association and New Zealand Golf Association.
To continue to succeed, the Club needs to ensure it is providing a high-quality service to its
members, guests and visitors. Service quality is crucial to develop the Club’s brand value and
increase our member base. As a club we need to strive to not only deliver high member satisfaction but to exceed member expectations, ultimately leading to more loyalty. This is a new leadership
position and responds directly to the Club’s Vision to be ‘the Third Place’ for its members.
As part of the executive team and reporting to the General Manager this role will oversee a number of the vital aspects at the Club, delivering services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the members and guests.
The Director of Club Services will lead a team of direct reports, delivering services across the
Clubhouse (Hospitality), Retail, On Course golf and a new Off Course social golf experience (RGC
Toptracer Range) a new facility due to open in February 2021.
The key responsibility will be to manage performance of each service area in line with the Club’s
Vision and to ensure:
• Exceptional standards are achieved consistently across all services every day.
• Achieve remarkable member | guest experiences.
• Be proactive in driving positive change and implementing new ideas for increased member |
guest experience and profitability.
• Ensure a high degree of employee satisfaction and a focus on employee’s personal
development and growth.
We are seeking an individual with experience of delivering these outcomes from a similar service
industry whether it be a resort | hospitality | leisure or Club and can implement department strategies aligned with delivering the Club’s vision.
This role will be diverse and have contact with many services as well as stakeholders, the successful
person should embody a spirit of service, energy, and a passion which translates to our team. This vital
role is highly visible with the expectation of fostering a culture which honours a service culture and
member experience second to none.
We are looking for someone with:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 8 or more years’ experience in a leadership role, preferably in Hospitality | Leisure | Resort | Club industry.
• Proven track record in mentoring/leading a successful team
• High-level organisational skills with a capacity to manage multiple demands
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills
• Advanced financial management skills
• Advanced knowledge of principles and practices within the Restaurant/ Hospitality profession
and Retail sector
• Knowledge of Club / Golf Industry would be desirable
• Agile mindset and confident to navigate change
• An interest in technology and how it can be used to improve service delivery.
• Passion for sport, health and wellbeing