Deputy Head Greenkeeper
Forest of Arden Hotel
Warwick, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Posted: March 15, 2021
Agronomy / Turf Management, Golf Course Maintenance, Team Management
The Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel offers its associates a competitive salary, gym membership, staff meals, car parking and generous global hotel discounts for you, your friends and family. An exciting opportunity is available to start your Marriott journey in our Greenkeeping team at this four star hotel where you can receive long term development and career opportunities.
The Forest of Arden is part of an exclusive collection of Marriott country clubs and is located in the heart of the West Midlands, located between Solihull and Coventry with easy access to the M6, M42 and M40, just four miles from Birmingham NEC, Airport and International Train Station. Facilities of the Forest of Arden include our AA rosette-awarded restaurant, Cast Iron Bar and Grill, two golf courses including our championship Arden course, a driving range and the Golf academy. There is our relaxing Spa with 8 treatment rooms, outdoor tennis courts and a fully equipped fitness centre.
• To maintain designated areas of the golf course and guide other greenkeepers in order to maintain course quality and standards.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT:
• A Full Time/Part Time position based at the MARRIOTT FOREST OF ARDEN HOTEL
• 2+ Years Previous experience working within a high end golf facility or similar Greenkeeping environment.
• Supervisory Experience preferred but not essential
• Good Knowledge of methods, materials and tools used in grounds and landscape construction work.
• Good knowledge of agronomy and greenkeeping practices / NVQ level 3 Qualified or similar.
• PA1 /PA2 Spraying license.
• Small tree fell / Cross cutting license.
• Drivers' license.
• Irrigation experience
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing).
• Flexible with working hours (includes weekends) .
• Pro-active and reliable.
• Able to supervise a large team on a day to day basis.
• Carry out all Short take trainings on a daily basis.
• Strong Teamwork and Leadership Skills
• An understanding of course preparation in line with Tournament Golf standards on a day to day basis
• An understanding of 59 Club Course standards is preferred but not essential
• A basic understanding of Golf Course Machinery fleet
• A strong understanding of Health & Safety processes
Education or Certification
• Good level of English essential
• Minimum NVQ level 3 trained or similar.
• First Aid Trained
• The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• To perform / control general maintenance to all course areas, to a high standard.
• To undertake project work on designated area, for the improvement of the golf course.
• Performance Manage and Supervise direct reports - gardeners in addition to 1st Assistant, full time
Greenkeepers and seasonal staff:
• Assist Head Greenkeeper to repair Irrigation issues.
• Carry out/manage spraying and chainsaw tasks.
• HR - To execute all Marriott Hotel Trainings, Performance Management (1:1s with direct reports, LPPs, Development Plans)
• Host Daily Department Stand Up Meetings; assist in AES Plan execution
• Payroll - To assist Head Greenkeeper with Payroll costs and attend payroll meetings in his absence.
• Health & Safety – attend monthly meetings in Head Greenkeepers absence, ensure compliance
• Golf Audits – Ensure all criteria are met and action plan made non compliance items; complete monthly self assessment and quarterly self audit of department as set out in golf audits
• Operations – attend weekly meeting to discuss golf events/business for following 10 days
• Operations – Communicate daily with Golf Operations Team as to course conditions, course maintenance, golf buggy/trolley usage rules; Bunkers GUR etc
• Operations - Implement 59 Club Actions Plans following course visits
• Financial – To monitor course costs and to plan works in line with golf budget
• Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
• Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
• Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 39 hours per week.
• Good communication skills
• Strong sense of urgency
Applications close March 26, 2021.